CHICAGO, Ill. (June 22, 2017) – Twelve teams from eight clubs have won Northern Illinois Soccer League (NISL) – NPL Division titles and are now qualified for the 2017 NPL Finals.
Chicago Inferno secured the most age groups with four (13-U boys, 14-U girls, 15-U boys, 15-U girls) and Roadrunners SC grabbed a pair (13-U girls, 17-U boys).
Here are the 2017 NISL – NPL Division champions:
- 13-U (2004s) boys: Chicago Inferno ’04 Elite
- 13-U (2004s) girls: Roadrunners SC ’04 Select
- 14-U (2003s) boys: San Antonio SC ‘03
- 14-U (2003s) girls: Chicago Inferno ‘03
- 15-U (2002s) boys: Chicago Inferno ’02 Elite
- 15-U (2002s) girls: Chicago Inferno ‘02
- 16-U (2001s) boys: FC Chicago ‘01
- 16-U (2001s) girls: Campton United ‘01
- 17-U (2000s) boys: Roadrunners SC ’00 Premier
- 17-U (2000s) girls: Elite SC Premier NPL
- 18/19-U (1998/99s) boys: Sockers FC NPL
- 18/19-U (1998/99s) girls: Chicago Rush Premier 98/99
The 2017 season also represents the first year of NISL’s NPL girls division. Fifteen clubs from the Chicago area make up the new league.
NISL representatives have excelled at the national championship level. Last year, Sockers FC won the 15-U boys bracket at the NPL Finals. Chicago Inferno finished as a national finalist in the 17-U boys division. In 2015, Campton United’s ’96 boys team captured the 18-U national championship.
The 2017 NPL Finals, to be held July 13-17 at Grand Park in Westfield, Ind., is the culminating event of year-long, league-based competition in the NPL. The prestigious national championship features qualifiers from all 22 NPLs around the country.
ABOUT US CLUB SOCCER:
A National Association member of the U.S. Soccer Federation, US Club Soccer fosters the growth and development of soccer clubs in order to create the best possible development environment for players of all ages.
Anchored by Players First and its five pillars of Club Development, Coaching Development, Player Development, Parent Engagement & Education and Player Health & Safety, US Club Soccer offers registration, league- and cup-based competition platforms, player identification and a variety of other programming, resources and services.
US Club Soccer is sponsored by Nike and supported by LaLiga through a technical partnership.