CHARLESTON, S.C. (June 21, 2017) – A dozen teams from the New York Club Soccer League’s NPL Division completed regular season play at the top of their age groups and now turn their attentions to the coveted destination of all NPLs: the NPL Finals.
Three clubs won multiple divisions: SUSA FC (14-U girls, 16-U girls and 18/19-U girls), Brentwood Youth SC (13-U boys and 16-U boys) and STA (13-U girls and 14-U boys).
Here are the NYCSL regular season champions:
- 13-U (2004s) boys: Brentwood Youth SC NPL ‘04
- 13-U (2004s) girls: STA NPL ‘04
- 14-U (2003s) boys: STA NPL ‘03
- 14-U (2003s) girls: SUSA FC NPL ‘03
- 15-U (2002s) boys: SoccerPlus Academy NPL ‘02
- 15-U (2002s) girls: Massapequa SC NPL ‘02
- 16-U (2001s) boys: Brentwood Youth SC NPL ‘01
- 16-U (2001s) girls: SUSA FC NPL ‘01
- 17-U (2000s) boys: Brooklyn Italians SC NPL ‘00
- 17-U (2000s) girls: Quickstrike FC NPL ‘00
- 18/19-U (1998/99s) boys: East Meadow SC ‘98
- 18/19-U (1998/99s) girls: SUSA FC NPL ‘98
During last year’s 2016 NPL Finals, NYCSL’s Princeton SA/IGFA 15-U girls team won a national title. Massapequa SC’s 02 girls team also participated in last year’s NPL Finals.
The 2017 NPL Finals, to be held July 13-17 at Grand Park in Westfield, Ind., is the culminating event of year-long, league-based competition in the NPL. The prestigious national championship features qualifiers from all 22 NPLs around the country.
ABOUT US CLUB SOCCER:
A National Association member of the U.S. Soccer Federation, US Club Soccer fosters the growth and development of soccer clubs in order to create the best possible development environment for players of all ages.
Anchored by Players First and its five pillars of Club Development, Coaching Development, Player Development, Parent Engagement & Education and Player Health & Safety, US Club Soccer offers registration, league- and cup-based competition platforms, player identification and a variety of other programming, resources and services.
US Club Soccer is sponsored by Nike and supported by LaLiga through a technical partnership.