CHARLESTON, S.C. (Sept. 27, 2018) - The 2019 Elite National Premier League (ENPL) National Playoff will be held June 28-July 2 at Mercyhealth Sportscore Two in Rockford, Ill., as the postseason platform debuts a new structure. The impressive complex – featuring 26 fields and an indoor sports center – has been awarded hosting privileges.
In 2018, the ENPL Playoffs were held in two locations on the East and West Coasts. New in 2019, the ENPL National Playoff will feature qualifying 14-U through 19-U boys teams in one location and will welcome teams from all NPLs and Boys ECNL Conferences. The new format provides a pathway for all member teams to compete for national championships on the field.
For 14-U through 17-U teams, this tournament is the first of a two-stage postseason with top teams advancing to the 2019 ENPL National Finals: top four from 14-U bracket and top eight of each 15-U, 16-U and 17-U divisions. The dates and location of the 2019 ENPL National Finals will be announced soon (UPDATE: Those details are available here). For 19-U teams, the 2019 ENPL National Playoff is a single-stage postseason with one national championship being awarded in Illinois.
“The ENPL has grown in both size and quality since last season, and all the NPLs and Boys ECNL Conferences deserve the credit for their organization and professionalism,” said Leo Garcia, NPL General Manager and US Club Soccer Vice President of Competitions. “About 300 of the top clubs in the country are all competing towards one goal: ENPL national championships, and we wish them all success this season.”
This is the second year of a collaboration between US Club Soccer and the Elite Clubs National League (ECNL), which has effectively elevated the youth boys soccer landscape and provided top competition, development and identification opportunities to NPLs and Boys ECNL Conferences throughout the country. The ENPL postseason also provides an ideal environment for college coaches to scout for potential additions to their programs.
Here are the defending champions from the 2018 ENPL season:
- 14-U division
- Championship: TSC Hurricane (Boys ECNL Texas Conference) 2, Phoenix Rising FC (Boys ECNL Southwest Conference) 1
- Third place: GPS Florida West (Florida NPL) 3, Valeo FC (NEP - NPL Division) 1
- Highlight video of TSC Hurricane
- 15-U division
- Championship: Tennessee SC (Boys ECNL Southeast Conference) 1, SAC Showcase Premier (EDP - NPL Division) 0
- Third place: Napa Soccer Academy (NorCal NPL) 2, Phoenix Rising FC (Boys ECNL Southwest Conference) 1
- Highlight video of Tennessee SC
- 16-U division
- Championship: GPS MA Elite (NEP - NPL Division) 2, Penn Fusion SA (Boys ECNL Northeast Conference) 1
- Third place: San Diego Surf (NPL West) 3, Texans Houston (USC - NPL Division) 2
- Highlight video of GPS MA Elite
- 17-U division
- Championship: Classics Elite (Boys ECNL Texas Conference) 3, Slammers FC (Boys ECNL Southwest Conference) 0
- Third place: Brentwood SC (NYCSL - NPL Division) 3, Tampa Bay United (Boys ECNL Southeast Conference) 2
- Highlight video of Classics Elite
- 19-U division
- Championship: Ohio Premier SC (Boys ECNL Midwest Conference) 3, NEFC (NEP – NPL Division) 1
- Highlight video of Ohio Premier SC
ABOUT US CLUB SOCCER:
A National Association member of the U.S. Soccer Federation, US Club Soccer fosters the growth and development of soccer clubs in order to create the best possible environment for players of all ages.
Anchored by Players First and its five pillars of Club Development, Coaching Development, Player Development, Parent Engagement & Education and Player Health & Safety, US Club Soccer offers registration, league- and cup-based competition platforms, player identification and a variety of other programming, resources and services.
US Club Soccer is sponsored by Nike and supported by LaLiga through a technical partnership.