CHARLESTON, S.C. (June 20, 2018) - In a competitive and balanced regular season, 12 teams from 12 clubs have clinched Southern California NPL championships for the 2017-18 campaign, and will now gear up for their respective playoff routes.
The partity of competition within the SoCal NPL was truly on display this season, with a different team capturing every division.
Here are the 2017-18 SoCal NPL champions:
- Boys 13-U: Pateadores '05 YL Black
- Boys 14-U: Heat FC (Runner-up Downtown LA SC will represent this division)
- Girls 14-U: CC Aztecs AV
- Boys 15-U: Oxnard United SC
- Girls 15-U: IE Surf '03 Premier TS
- Boys 16-U: FC Golden State
- Girls 16-U: BYSC Corona '02 Academy
- Boys 17-U: CDA Slammers Orange
- Girls 17-U: Downey FC '01 Premier
- Boys 19-U: Hemet Juventus White (Runner-up FC Man United Red will represent this division)
- Girls 19-U: Milan Academy
These 12 teams will shift for their respective national postseason competitions, with all girls champions advancing to the 2018 Girls NPL Finals, July 12-16 at Aurora Sports Park in Aurora, Colo.
The boys winners in the 15-U, 16-U and 17-U divisions have qualifed to the 2018 Boys Western NPL Finals, to be held June 29-July 3 in San Diego, Calif. The 19-U boys age group will travel to participate in the 19-U NPL Finals, June 29-July 3 in Lancaster, Mass. The winners from 13-U and 14-U divisions have punched a ticket to the National Cup XVII Finals, July 20-24 in Aurora, Colo.
ABOUT US CLUB SOCCER:
A National Association member of the U.S. Soccer Federation, US Club Soccer fosters the growth and development of soccer clubs in order to create the best possible environment for players of all ages.
Anchored by Players First and its five pillars of Club Development, Coaching Development, Player Development, Parent Engagement & Education and Player Health & Safety, US Club Soccer offers registration, league- and cup-based competition platforms, player identification and a variety of other programming, resources and services.
US Club Soccer is sponsored by Nike and supported by LaLiga through a technical partnership.