The Midwest Developmental League, which includes 13-U, 14-U, 15-U, 16-U, 17-U and 19-U boys age groups, was founded in April 2011 as part of US Club Soccer's National Premier Leagues (NPL).
The 2018-19 Midwest Developmental League includes an east and a west region, and is one of the qualifying leagues under Elite National Premier League (ENPL). As part of the season schedules, clubs will play within their conference and have the opportunity to play against the opposite conference during a nationally recognized showcase.
The 2018 St. Louis Scott Gallagher Showcase served as a mandatory showcase for the league, April 6-8, featuring 15-U through 19-U age groups.
IN THE NEWS:
- (May 17, 2018) Blast FC Soccer Academy, FC United, Liverpool FC added to Midwest Developmental League next season
- (April 9, 2018) St. Louis Scott Gallagher hosts showcase for Midwest Developmental League
- (Oct. 27, 2017) Previewing the 2017-18 NPL season: North Central
- (Aug. 30, 2017) ENPL qualification and playoff formats for Boys 2018 ENPL National Championships and 2018 Boys NPL Finals announced
- (May 19, 2017) ENPL prepares for inaugural season behind 16 qualifying NPLs, Boys ECNL Conferences
- (March 23, 2017) Registration open for LaLiga Formation Methodology Level 3 course, Aug. 4-6 in Elmhurst, Ill.
- (Feb. 3, 2017) NPL's Midwest Developmental League expands, welcomes six new clubs ahead of 2016-17 season
- (Dec. 14, 2016) Midwest Developmental League, Northern Illinois Soccer League enter ENPL with NPL experience
- (Dec. 14, 2016) ENPL announces Midwest Developmental League, NISL & Boys ECNL Midwest Conference as qualifying competitions
- (Sept. 19, 2016) Previewing the 2016-17 NPL season: Central
- (July 20, 2016) VIDEO: Twelve teams capture national titles at 2016 NPL Finals [including Campton United]
- (June 19, 2015) Ten teams from 2014-15 Midwest Developmental League (Boys) playoffs qualify for NPL Finals
- (Nov. 17, 2014) NPL Roundup spotlight: Midwest Developmental League (Boys)