The Washington NPL, formerly known as the Washington State Premier League, first launched in Fall 2012 with US Club Soccer’s National Premier Leagues (NPL). The Washington NPL is managed by the Puget Sound Premier League (PSPL), the fastest-growing soccer league in the state of Washington.
The Washington NPL consists of 19 clubs in 11-U through 18/19-U boys and girls age groups:
- Academy of Soccer Excellence
- Cascade FC
- Central WA Sounders
- Emerald City FC
- Franklin-Pierce Fury
- Highline Premier FC
- ISC Gunners
- Maple Valley Premier
- Mount Rainier FC
- Nortac Sparta
- OPS & Wenatchee Valley United
- RSA Elite
- Seattle Celtic
- Spokane Breakers
- Spokane Foxes Pumas FC
- TC United
- Tynecastle FC
- Washington East
In 2018, Washington NPL champions advance to the NPL Finals, competing against top teams from around the country in a league-based national championship.
In 2019 and beyond, a Northwest NPL competition is in the works, which would feature Washington NPL regular season winners and potential new NPLs in Idaho and Oregon. This Northwest NPL playoff serves as a precursor to the NPL Finals.
IN THE NEWS:
- Dec. 12, 2018: Washington NPL champions begin forming 2019 ENPL National Playoff field
- May 23, 2018: Thirteen teams now eligible for NPL playoffs after winning Washington NPL titles
- Feb. 25, 2018: Washington NPL qualifies boys champions, younger girls age groups to national postseason
- Nov. 17, 2017: National Cup XVII Finals expands, returns to Aurora Sports Park in Aurora, Colo.
- Nov. 14, 2017: 2018 Boys 19-U NPL Finals details announced
- Nov. 1, 2017: Previewing the 2017-18 NPL season: West
- Aug. 30, 2017: ENPL qualification and playoff formats for Boys 2018 ENPL National Championships and 2018 Boys NPL Finals announced
- March 2, 2017: Washington NPL enters National Premier Leagues landscape for 2017-18 season